This is a vessel of high operational capacity, fast with a low energy footprint, capable of cruising speeds of over 50 knots under adverse weather conditions in the Mediterranean Sea. It is equipped with on board edge gateways and weather station to record, analyse and transmit vessels systems and weather data to local crew and to ground monitoring and management ofﬁces. Its innovative Hydro-jet Dynamic Position System (HDPS) is able to keep the vessel position steady, without anchoring and with limited fuel consumption.
This type of boat is ideal in collecting castaways and for Coast Guard operations.
Main achievements :
- Fuel reduction can reach 15%, thanks to the HjDPS, due the less fuel used during the rescue and patrol activity to maintain the vessel stable.
- The NOx reduction is estimated at around 60%
- Increment of the vessel operational time is estimated > 15%
- Thanks to HjDPS the Immobilization of the boat will be easy, without any anchoring, regardless the depth, bottom type and mooring failure.
- The HjDPS provides high safety because it does not work with moving parts (propellers), consequently it cannot cause any injury, to any person in the sea.
- Captain may use the HjDPS in protected areas where it is prohibited to moor and anchor, (like areas with Posidonia oceanica-commonly known as Neptune Grass).
- For professional vessels, the HjDPS can be characterized as critical system, for carrying out their operations. For instance:
- on Search and Rescue Vessels (SAR), where they will be able to stand on any specific position to collect Ship wreckers, while remaining in a stable place without the use of machines.
- On patrol boats, where they can remain in the middle of the sea without the captain constantly correcting the geographical position, using the engines of the vessel and consuming a lot of fuel and energy.
- For diving vessels, which remain in the surface in order to collect divers being able to hold its position above a wreck at -150 meters.
- Vessel systems and weather collected data improve rescue operation planning on board and from Coast Guard ground control and operation rooms.